March 22, 2009

Peka Peka Beach

It was nice and sunny today. Very hot. We went to Peka Peka beach. It is a sand dune beach. I saw shells, sand, sand dunes, and water.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I saw all types of branches and a hut. I decided to make it bigger and to make a little bedroom. I then would like to have a little nap in it and have a roof on it, with a little gap so I could have some sun to keep warm. Most of the hut that we were building was already there. I just added a few sticks on it. I stopped and then came back to it.

Photobucket

I found two snails, one of them had their shell crushed and the other one was just fine. I let them free, in the sand, so they could live.

Photobucket

We saw swallows. They were small and fast and we saw heaps of them. They fly around and go near the water. They fly very low so they can grab its meal, bugs and insects. They live in the sanddunes. They make holes as their nests.

Photobucket

Camiel decided to start digging a very big hole. I decided to dig a hole until it collapsed. I decided to make a new hole. I only got done a bit and then it was time to go.
-- as told by Esmee

1 comment:

  1. Esmee,
    It is great to see you so enthusiastic about nature! You are exactly the kind of cool kid we are trying to create at school. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget