February 28, 2009

Chooky the chick

At Tawa Montessori Preschool a chook called Chooky ran away. It is now 5 weeks old. It ran under the fence. One of my the teachers saved it. Chooky ran away and we don't want it to do that again. It is always lonely and always lost. It has three brothers and sisters. It tries to find his mother. His brothers and sisters keep on pushing him back because it is younger that its brothers and sisters. It is smaller then the others.

Chick 02

We bringed it over to my house. And I am its new mother. It is kept inside in a big cage. It is white and it is very cute. It walks around trying to find its real, real mother. I will give it presents and I made it a card to make it happy. I feed it chicken food, except it is chicken food that is actually into pieces, tiny, tiny pieces. It is called chook food. Sometimes I feed it of my own hand. It is shy, but sometimes it eats some of the food.

Chick


If Chooky is a female, when she is bigger she can hop in with the rest of our chickens. And when she is older and she will be a female she will stay with us for the rest of her life. If she is a not a female, she will go back to his mother. I love Chooky.
-- as told by Esmee

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget