January 22, 2009

Catchpool Valley

Ferns


We went camping at Catchpool Valley. I went for a walk with my dad. At one sign it said there are kiwis.

Kiwisign

We saw plants, big and small, well actually just big. We saw big rocks. And twigs.

Flowers
We saw flowers, some were purple, and there were orange, yellow, and white.


At the end of the walk there was a tree that was blown over. Because you could see the roots. It was going across the path. I went over it. When I was at the very end I was as tall as my dad. The tree was so big and went so far away that it crossed the river. We saw quails crossing the road. We looked it up, they are called Californian quails.


We went walking again. It was a very long walk. I got tired. I liked the running. I would go slow when I saw stones and roots. I liked the river best.

River


Here are some of the creatures we saw on our walks

Kereru

This is a woodpigeon. In Maori it is called a kereru.
I have to tell my teacher, I don't think she knows that.

Compass and ladybug

This ladybug was black and had two orange spots.

Toadstools

Caterpillar

Does anybody know what caterpillar this is?
-- as told by Esmee

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the caterpillar of the cinnabar moth. Better late then never for an answer!

    http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/resources/identification/animals/bug-id/what-is-this-bug/bugs-without-legs/caterpillars-most-do-have-legs/caterpillar-of-cinnabar-moth

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget